Friday, May 20, 2011

Adelaide ... she hides my 'war paint' ;)

Okay, so anyone that knows me knows that I adore make-up. And thankfully, I have a hubby that buys it all for me, on his own, without asking.... and the good stuff, too. Bless his heart, he knows when I am low on mascara before I do. Or my Clinique toner... or the Lancome foundation he found.. the only brand I can find with great coverage and LIGHT enough for my pale, pasty skin. LOL.
So, up until now, I have been hovering over my makeup basket, applying my makeup on the bed, trying to hold a mirror and apply everything.

In comes a lightbulb moment. We had a wine rack in our dining area that we just weren't using. I don't drink, and the one or two bottles we had of wine were kept in hubby's man-cave.. in his beverage chiller thingy. So, I removed the wine rack, Eric put in a shelf instead, and I painted it my most favourite colour in the whole big wide world.

This was the beast before...


....and now, she brings me so much joy! LOL. I smile every time I look at her.. beside my bed.... so purty :)


Right now I am working on an old desk that's been in the family forever. It's seen better days, but it still has a lot of life left in it, so I hope I can do it justice :)
Oh, and also painted our ensuite a lovely muted turquoise... I've now officially painted the entire house.. all 2400 square feet of it, on my own. Whew!

Update:: This piece is now adorning someone's bathroom as a vanity, complete with vessel sink :)

No comments:

Post a Comment